0 Item(s) in Cart
Total: $0.00
account store help my account
store hours and location

Calcasieu Report Capt Bruce Baugh

Moderator: Crank-B8

Calcasieu Report Capt Bruce Baugh

Postby capt bruce » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:00 am

We had David Craft and son Cameron Craft down.Their Friends,Paul Burns and Bobby Sawdel joined them on the trip.They were wanting to catch a few of the big trout Calcasieu is famous for.The conditions were less than ideal.A cold front had just passed through and we had blue bird skies and high pressure right on top of us.The north wind blew the water out of the Lake and it was way low.I decided to head to a reef that is normally to deep to wade.We jumped out and we all started hooking up but the fish were not the ones we were after.After we strung several trout I made a move to a shallow flat.The tide was starting to rip in and the area was loaded with nervous mullet.We jumped out and Cameron was the first to hang into a nice fat five pounder.We then followed Cameron into the sweet spot and we all started catching big trout.We caught trout to 7 lbs.David had a speck guesstimated to be near 8 to 9 lbs up to him before spitting the corky devil back at him.All were caught on corky b-backs and devils.All the big ones were photographed and released.See pictures
capt bruce

Return to Inshore