account store help my account
store hours and location

Calcasieu Report- Capt Bruce Baugh

Moderator: Crank-B8

Calcasieu Report- Capt Bruce Baugh

Postby capt bruce » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:05 pm

Capt Bruce
Calcasieu Report

The water conditions on big lake have improved some on the north end.I have observed several flocks of birds working over feeding trout, indicating a rise in the salinity level.The bird activity should continue for a few more weeks or so.The flounder bite is also winding down, although several 10 fish limits have been taken down south in the last few days.It is still a 10 fish limit in cajun country.

We are also nearing one of my favorite times of the year to fish for big trout.They will heading to mud and shell in search of a little warmer water.The weatherman is talking about possible snow flurries on Friday.That should make it happen.

Last week we caught several good trout but my trout territory seemed to be invaded by old rubber-lips.We hammered the reds!!!I had RiK Miller,Rod Scarborough and Riks son,Jackson down.It was Jacksons first wade fishing trip and did he put on a show.i will post some of the pictures over on the photo section...Capt Bruce
capt bruce

Return to Inshore