ftu_top_freeship
view cart
0 Item(s) in Cart
Total: $0.00
account store help my account
store hours and location

Artificials vs Live Bait

Moderator: Crank-B8

Do you prefer Artificial bait or Live bait?

Artificial Bait
50%
Live Bait
50%

Total votes : 2

Artificials vs Live Bait

Postby Booyow » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:07 am

I have to ask this because for the life of me I've want to be skilled in as many aspects of fishing as I possibly can be. I absolutely love fishing with live bait, Im almost guaranteed to take home something when fishing with live bait. That goes for freshwater and saltwater.

But lets say we restrict the poll to saltwater only!

My problem is and I would love to read comments from other on this subject do you prefer artificial bait or live bait?

Now I've bought plastic worms, minnows, shad, topwaters, jigs, you name it I've probably bought it at some point or another. The problem I have mainly is once Im on the water (oh let me say I always purchase my live bait as a mainstay :-) when I go out), I'll setup my lines with live bait, cast them out and then I'll set up my rig with the artificial and cast and pretend to know what I'm doing. Yep, I'm being honest I have no idea what Im doing, how I should shake the tip of my rod, how fast or slow I should reel. I guess it takes an awful lot of practice, patience and time but who has that when that speck is reeling off line and making away with your live bait? Exactly, the artificial gets tossed to the side and the fight is on...what ever your preference God Bless each of you and Great Fishing!
Booyow

Artificial vs. Live

Postby captpaul » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:38 pm

Fellow fisherman........................

Personally, would use only artificial. However, I operate a local charter service in Galveston bay. Clients ability sometimes need the live bait, because of their skill level, as you spoke of in your earlier topic.
Some would rather tablefare as othrs treat this as sportfishing 101................
I will teach each one during the charter to gain confidence using the artificial lures for that period. They may elect to stay with live bait and do well.

Hope this helps.............patience and presentation.

god bless
the fisherman
captpaul

Return to Inshore