0 Item(s) in Cart
Total: $0.00
account store help my account
store hours and location

Lake Houston Crappie

Moderator: Crank-B8

Lake Houston Crappie

Postby Booyow » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:14 pm

Thus far this year the fishing in Lake Houston has been great. All this year since early/mid January to now I've always limited out on crappie and blue catfish. It appears though that the crappie have started to come in for their spawn. Myself and my brother n law were out early this past saturday (03/21) and by 3pm we had both limited out on crappie and we came close to limiting on blues. The funny thing is we hadn't even made it to Luce's Bayou. If your fortunate enough to be able to do some wading nows the time to hit some of those back slues (spelling).

We were fishing with small to medium minnows (live bait)
Our early morning catches were at the 1960 bridge then we moved back into the slues passed luces bayou.

It was pretty crowded this past Saturday. There was a bass tourny going on.

Get there early if your going, Im not sure how the fishing will be this week from what I can tell we're in for alot of strong winds and possible rain. Make it out the first chance you get on the next perfect day.

Peace and good fishing to ya!
Booyow

Return to Freshwater