0 Item(s) in Cart
Total: $0.00
account store help my account
store hours and location

Houston Ship Channel by Capt Paul

Moderator: Crank-B8

Houston Ship Channel by Capt Paul

Postby cnull » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:31 am

Recent days along the spoil banks near Marker 52 to 72, have rewarded those anglers with near limits of speckled trout.

Either using soft plastic Bass Assassins or live croaker, best time is with any water movement in or out. Visibility is awesome, especially on the incoming tide..Water temp is 80 degrees………

Use a Caroline rigging with #3 circle hook or limetruse or space guppy in soft plastic.

This galveston bay guide has seen several speckled trout in the 25-27 inch range. Got to have 3/8 or 1/2 lead on or near the bottom.

Winds have been tough. Be careful when anchored. Use 10 feet of anchor rope for every foot under the boat.

Take plenty of liquids, water and gater-aid to hydrate your body……………

Make use of FTU Green rod in medium action, 6′6″ for those big trout with live croaker. Usde the fast action for those soft plastics. Plenty of backbone in both actions………………..

More on this action later this week……………
god bless
the fisherman
www.gofishgalveston.com
captpaul@gofishgalveston.com
cnull

Striking Out When Others Aren't

Postby Specks&Reds » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:44 pm

Capt. Paul,

Have read several of your posts and been reading fishing reports from other sources to help shape my fishing plans in East Bay. I'm a new (used) boat owner after several years of relatively poor wade fishing. I've even gone with a few guides in the past and haven't done very well but I know it doesn't work perfectly everytime. Was out today (6/30) in the a.m. around Hanna's reef, then to the North Jetty, then over to Pelican Island...nothing. Using only plastics, spoons, and a top water once in a while. The winds were great in the morning which I had been waiting for over a week.

I noted you have a DVD available at FTU - will this video show me rigging setups, recommended baits (live or imitation) and perhaps when/where to fish? I have the maps and GPS and have noted where you have mentioned in a few posts and I will try these out too.

From the fishing reports it seems everyone is limiting out and all I'm doing is striking out. I'll order the DVD but welcome any other tips you can offer.

Specks&Reds
Specks&Reds

DVD Galveston Bay

Postby captpaul » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:06 am

Those tapes are excellent for folks wanting to increase their knowledge.
Call me @281-788-4041 and will aid you in your fishing situation.
god bless
the fisherman
captpaul

Return to Inshore