Total: $0.00
account store help my account
store hours and location

Wading East Galveston

Moderator: Crank-B8

Wading East Galveston

Postby captpaul » Sun May 10, 2009 9:26 am

Folks................

Winds have forced me to use the ferry to reach the protected shores of the backend of East Bay. You may launch from the Yacht Basin in downtown Galveston. It's about 18 miles oneway, to the back end near Marsh Pt.

The bite has been at daylight to near 9am. Up tight to the grass. Use plenty of bug spray. Tides in or out is great. Recent days have been spring time highs to near 3 feet..........
Keeps this short fellow close to the drains and bayous for those big girls.

Using top water plug from either She Pups or Baby Spooks.
Colors are black/green head or reverse. Also the clown color from Rapala. Slow, slow retreive then sometime just stop it.................then hold on

Recent days launching from Stringray, these spec's are a minimum of 20 inches. Several have exceeded 25 inches.
Redfish are there as well, using gold spoon weedless.

Wading wet is a option, I'm still in my Simms wad-lites
Try FTU Green Rod in the 6'2". Great action. Should be available this month at either location. Broke my tip on the 6'6" last year and discovered the new action.

You need to be early to rise, around 430 am and home by 1pm.
god bless
the fisherman
captpaul

Return to Inshore