0 Item(s) in Cart
Total: $0.00
account store help my account
store hours and location

Fall redfish kicking off

Moderator: Crank-B8

Fall redfish kicking off

Postby let's go » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:00 pm

Had a free day so I grabbed Charley and headed out yesterday morning with intentions of doing some scouting for upcoming trips. I really didn't have much thought about fishing, just poking around.

First area found multiple schools cruising and feeding on the shoreline. Charley encouraged me to go ahead and cast.

So I did

I sure wish I could teach her to land, unhook and release fish so I wouldn't have to get off the platform.

But at least she tries.

Moved on to the marsh flats and found it covered with these, so the catching continued

Ended the day landing 18 reds on the fly, 5 more came unhooked and I broke two off. Twenty-five hook-ups on a day I hadn't intended to fish ain't a bad thing. Water is clearing up nicely and is much cooler than it has been. The fish are feeling it and fought much harder than thay have in recent weeks, They weren't visibly feeding on anything in particular, just cruising the open marsh lakes and shorelines. Even though they didn't seem to be on the feed, very few fish refused the fly (Redfish Crack of course) when I put it in the right spot.
Capt. Scott Null

www.captainscottnull.com
let's go

Return to Inshore