shipping notice
view cart
0 Item(s) in Cart
Total: $0.00
account store help my account
store hours and location

‹ Port Mansfield, TX with Capt Ruben

Why did we get up early again?

Posted Thursday, November 3, 2011 by captruben in Port Mansfield, TX with Capt Ruben
So here lately the bite in the morning has been slow. I mean, you can pick up several good keeper sized trout and some flounder. By mid-morning, noon time the bite seems to increase. With this late bite I havenít even thrown top water. Once again, the Kelly Wiggler Plum/Chart Tail Ball Tail shad has been the key lure for me and my clients. With the water warming up during the day, I have been able to locate the redfish on the flats tailing. There is nothing like seeing happy redfish wagging their tail feeding. Not only are we finding the reds tailing, but also trout mixed in feeding as well. Even though the trout are not sows, they are slot size fish. On a different note, as more cold fronts make are way through, the water is cooling down. So that means its wader time. Check for leaks so you donít get that unexpected cold water in your waders. If you have a chance purchase Simmís Revivex. It will help restore the water repellency on your waders. I hope that little tip helps. Tight Lines. http://www.snookdudecharters.com If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact me. ruben@snookdudecharters.com Cell: 832-385-1431 Thanks! Snookdude