shipping notice
view cart
0 Item(s) in Cart
Total: $0.00
account store help my account
store hours and location

‹ Lower Laguna with Capt Ernest Cisneros

Top Water bite is on in Lower Laguna Madre

Posted Friday, May 20, 2011 by capternest in Lower Laguna with Capt Ernest Cisneros
Fishing on the LLM has been terrific, limits of redfish and trout have been fairly common. The key depth for us has been right around thigh to waist deep water. Topwaters have been working really well for us, like the mid size skitter walks in white and pink, super spook jr's in red head - white body and also the bone color has been drawing alot of attention. Fish have been abundant in many places but the key to getting on a good bite has been timing. A moving tide on the flats has been the ticket to getting these fish to feed. Many of the redfish we catching have been in the upper slot and trout have not disappointed us with several in the upper twenties. The tide continues to be high so look for shorelines and the back bays to be good producers. As a bonus, flounder have been readily available to those willing to fish guts or drop-offs. In closing, I would like to put in a good word for the new FTU aluminum pliers, if you are not familiar with them I suggest go by and take a look at a pair. Good fishing. 
Capt. Ernest Cisneros
956-266-6454
A Brownsville-area native, Capt. Ernest Cisneros fishes the Lower Laguna Madre from Port Mansfield to Port Isabel. Ernest specialized in wading and poled skiff adventures for snook, trout and redfish.