view cart
0 Item(s) in Cart
Total: $0.00
account store help my account
store hours and location

‹ Kayak Fishing Blog

Sabine Lake with Chad Lyden

Posted Thursday, July 25, 2013 by cnull in Kayak Fishing Blog

So after 3 months of very few days off I finally had the chance to put my kayak in the water and chase some redfish in the marsh in the Sabine Lake area. So as I prepare to slide my Native Watercraft Ultimate 14.5 in the water I find the water level higher than normal and an incoming tide, very little wind and slick as glass water. I paddle up the bayou where I'll be fishing, making a few casts with a Super Spook Jr along the way, I had one good blow up on the topwater along the bayou. I get to the marsh flats where I want to start looking for tailing fish and there is bait everywhere as I paddle along and blind cast my topwater looking for tails or backs of fish I spook a couple solid fish so I know they are here. I fished for about 6 hrs finding three solid fish tailing but couldn't get them to bite and ended up catching several undersized fish on a Gulp! under a popping cork and a couple on the Super Spook Jr. I did have two keepers that made it to the boat and broke off another good fish.

photo 6a30eb44-92c4-42d1-9ebc-6db4cd46682f_zpsec67dc09.jpg

photo 052738fb-ea93-438c-90d5-4f0eb39cc9e9_zpsf3780819.jpg

Chad Lyden

lydenca@yahoo.com