view cart
0 Item(s) in Cart
Total: $0.00
account store help my account
store hours and location

‹ Kayak Fishing Blog

Reunited with The Water from Chad Lyden

Posted Monday, December 23, 2013 by cnull in Kayak Fishing Blog

Well I finally made it back out on the water for the first time in awhile.

I hit the the launch at TX bayou there south of Sabine Pass at about 6:30, the wind was calm and tide was going out so and I had a few little short rain showers blow through. With the tide falling I concentrated on the drains coming out of the marsh as I worked my way down the bayou. I stayed in the main bayou heading down stopping to fish all the drains, I was throwing a Chicken on a Chain Bass Assasin on 1/8oz Yellow Mouth jig head and a white Buggs bonefish jig. I caught several reds, both undersized and some mid to lower slot along with two undersized flounder and a few 14" trout, I kept a limit of reds for christmas dinner.

photo f47cba36-2495-483d-a14a-e8e9d6a21755_zps79ee4b0d.jpg

I found that the deeper drains tended to hold fish better than the shallower ones. I fished down another little bayou that is on the left after you make the curve and found some reds hanging out in the middle of the bayou just blind casting soft plastics. I had a report that there are still some flounder hanging out in the channel around D!ck Dowling park if your looking for some last minute Christmas dinner options.

photo 70983262-7a35-438b-a0d5-fc30a6df92b1_zps99356e57.jpg

The Houston boat show start on Jan 3-12 and I'll be working both Saturdays at the Fishing Tackle Unlimited booth for Native Watercraft, so if your interested in kayaking or just want to talk fishing come on by and see me. I hope have everyone has a safe and wonderful holiday and happy new year.

Tight lines and bent rods

Chad Lyden

lydenca@yahoo.com