shipping notice
view cart
0 Item(s) in Cart
Total: $0.00
account store help my account
store hours and location

‹ Lower Laguna with Capt Ernest Cisneros

Redfish in Sandy Areas in Lower Laguna

Posted Monday, June 13, 2011 by capternest in Lower Laguna with Capt Ernest Cisneros
Our winds have finally laid down making the fishing or the catching I should say, phenomenal. Our redfish catches have greatly improved when compared to last month's blusterous conditions. A sure way of catching redfish has been to target areas with slightly deeper potholes. Redfish are using these sandy areas to station themselves during the heat of the day and they are very willing to take a Kelley Wiggler in Plum/Blue Metal flake on a 1/8 oz jig head. Along with good redfish numbers our trout have been fairly easy to pattern. Deeper guts and grass beds have been the top producers for limits of speckled trout. Both topwaters and tails have been working really well on trout. In addition I am happy to report that the flounder population down south is still going on very strong, we have not seen a good flounder year like this one in quite some time. Our bay waters are starting to warm up rather quickly as air temperatures are beginning to soar, think shallow early and deep later in the day. Good luck in your catching!    
Capt. Ernest Cisneros
956-266-6454
A Brownsville-area native, Capt. Ernest Cisneros fishes the Lower Laguna Madre from Port Mansfield to Port Isabel. Ernest specialized in wading and poled skiff adventures for snook, trout and redfish.