view cart
0 Item(s) in Cart
Total: $0.00
account store help my account
store hours and location

‹ Kayak Fishing Blog

Chasing Triangle Tailchasers with Chad Lyden

Posted Monday, March 31, 2014 by cnull in Kayak Fishing Blog

It's finally that time of year again, time to chase redfish in the marsh. So that's what we did, me and my partner David Roberts hit the marsh around Sabine lake on Saturday looking for some redfish. We were fishing the Triangle Tailchasers tournament and hadn't been in the marsh for months, so we just gambled on a spot we know holds fish. Hit the water around 6 A.M. and made the paddle back into the marsh to find plenty of bait in the water and an out going tide with a little bit of WNW wind. We started out throwing topwaters and I had a redfish hit a Bomber Badonka Donk which has become my new favorite topwater bait. Threw topwaters for a couple hours with no more bites so we switched to gulp under a popping cork and started drifting some marsh flats to find some stacked at the back of one of the flats around a drain. Ended up catching several oversized redfish and found the last two keepers we needed to finish out our limit and ended up with a limit of 3 redfish at 16.05lbs and finished in 7th place out of 24 teams. I'm so glad to see the weather starting to change, I absolutely love this time of year when I can start getting back into the marsh to chase redfish and I hope the tides are back to normal this year.

Tight lines and bent rods

Chad Lyden

lydenca@yahoo.com