ftu_top_freeship
view cart
0 Item(s) in Cart
Total: $0.00
account store help my account
store hours and location

‹ Port O'Conner w/Captain Ron Elkins

And Fall Fishing Begins

Posted Friday, October 28, 2011 by captronnie in Port O'Conner w/Captain Ron Elkins

Joe Borden and David Badger fished with me on 9-29 and 9-30.The first day we fished the spoil banks out of Port O and caught some nice trout 17 to 20 inches using chicken on a chain Bass Assasins. We had only about a 1 hour feeding period that morning before they shut off. The second day we caught lots of redfish on spoons and live shrimp. We fished mainly in the back bays close to Port O along grassy shorelines. The reds are really schooled up now and you can spot large schools of them roaming the shorelines. The water temp has dropped to around 76 degrees and the fish have started to be a little more active. We are looking forward to some good fall fishing in the next 2 months here in Port O. I'm glad September is over as we are probably save for another year from a hurricane plus the fishing in September was pretty spotty as far as catching trout. It seems once the trout slow down in the surf around the end of August it is very hard for me to locate trout in Port O.

Captain Ron Elkins Professional Fishing Guide USCG #276518 Captelkins@tisd.net Port O'Connor, TX (361)983-2265 (361)649-1101 Cell Phone

Latest Fishing Gear  Boga Grip by Eastaboga Tackle  Store Help  Simms Fishing  Fishing Gear  Fishing Blogs 

Fishing Tackle Unlimited

12800 Gulf Freeway @ Fuqua, Houston, TX 77034 Phone 888-943-1861

© 2014 Fishing Tackle Unlimited | Admin | Site by Paradigm

Site Ensemble CMS Copyright © 2014 Paradigm New Media, LLC. All rights reserved.